THE TRUCKING IMPACT
It’s easy to lose sight of just how substantial trucking is as a whole. That’s why we celebrate National Truck Driver Appreciation Week and take the time to recognize that Nussbaum drivers put forth hard work and dedication every day. All of our drivers this week have received a “Trucking Toolkit” as a sign of thanks. In the kit is an adjustable wrench, 6-way screwdriver, side-cut pliers, claw hammer, utility knife, vise-grip pliers and a 16” toolbox.
We are proud to work with some of the most upstanding and well-respected drivers in the industry! We know they are making a difference. In fact, the stats show that they play a critical role in supporting our economy:
- 9.4 billion tons of freight were transported last year by commercial truck drivers
- Truckload drivers hauled 4.5 billion tons of freight last year
- This freight was hauled by 2.3 million Class B trucks in 11.7 million trailers
- Class 8 trucks traveled 99.2 billion miles last year
- Commercial trucks make up 9.8% of all registered vehicles
- Tractor-trailers account for 5.9% of all vehicle miles traveled and contributed to 17.6% of overall fuel consumption
- Trucks transported 70% of freight by volume in comparison to other modes of transportation and accounted for 80% of the industry revenue
- 6.9 million people are currently employed in trucking-related jobs
Without a doubt, Professional Truck Drivers are the heroes of the road. Without drivers to deliver the food, fuel, and goods that support our people and economy, America would stop moving. At Nussbaum, we believe every one of our drivers demonstrates the qualities of a genuine hero.
YOU ARE THE MOST PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS ON AND OFF THE ROAD
When interacting with customers and other motorists, you consistently provide the highest level of service. Our customers notice your professionalism and we often hear how shippers and receivers look forward to a Nussbaum arrival just so they can interact with our drivers.
YOU ARE DEDICATED TO YOUR WORK
It’s no small task delivering the goods that keep America moving. Trucking is a way of life, not just a career and it can be difficult at times. It takes the heart of a true American truck driver to perform the job as well as you do.
YOU RESPECT AND MENTOR CO-WORKERS
The camaraderie among Nussbaum drivers is undeniable. Taking the time to teach new drivers the way of life, handing off tips for succeeding, and supporting each other in times of need is the Nussbaum difference.
YOU ARE COMMITTED TO SAFETY
You keep our highways safe. You pay attention to your equipment, making sure its in the best condition and observe all rules of the road — written or inherent. DOT officers know that Nussbaum drivers are the safest on the road.
Thank you for being some of the safest and most professional drivers on the road! We couldn’t be more grateful for your service.