The much-anticipated new maintenance facility is open!
Thinking of joining the Nussbaum team? Already a Nussbaum driver looking for updates? Our new facility has a number of great additions to better support all of our drivers! If you haven’t visited already, here’s what we’ve added:
- Much more room for additional equipment and the ability to services more tractors and trailers at once
- No more jockeying for available space in the shop!
- Bay #1 is being used solely for the purpose of inspecting the unit. Every piece of equipment that comes through the gates will undergo visual inspection to help prevent potential DOT violations
- Bay #2 is for preventative maintenance services like oil changes. There is even a built in Pit, so no need to even life the truck! With the addition of Lube Reels and the Pit, we’re already seeing quicker turnarounds for these necessary services.
- Bay #3 is split between trailer maintenance at one and tractor break-down and repairs at the other
- Bay #4 is solely for tire repairs. Having a lane just for this speeds up all of the processes getting drivers back on the road quickly!
Our new warehouse has a cross dock for loading and unloading trailers in the event of damage or load shift. This is already reducing the amount of empty moves and out of service trailers!
ON-SITE PARTS ROOM
Freightliner is staffing a new parts room for on-hand, immediate delivery of critical parts. The parts room has a service counter where drivers can pick up spare lights, fluids, wiper blades etc. No need for an additional visit to the shop!
24/7 access to Nussbaum’s scales for getting axle weights. These lanes are also connected to DEF fluid, now available on-site in greater quantities.
This long-awaited lounge in the maintenance facility has comfortable seating, a small kitchenette and nearby vending machines. It has charging areas for laptops and other devices as well as a WiFi connection. With spacious restrooms, two individual shower rooms and windows overlooking the service bays, this is surely one of the most exciting additions to the new facility!
PARKING – LOTS OF IT!
No more sinking trailers, we’ve got concrete parking secured by fencing with entrance/exit permissions, a permanent camera, and lots of lighting! The parking area will have designated spaces for personal vehicles, loaded, unloaded and red-tagged trailers, tractor-trailers and trailers only to enhance traffic flow.